A fun and easy painting activity to explore color mixing
- Construction Paper
- Washable Paint
- Brush + Cup of Water + Paper Towel
- Fold paper in half and then open and lay flat
- Drop paint colors on one side of paper with brush (clean brush between bottle with water and paper towel)
- Close paper and pat down with hands
- Open to see colors mix.
For another step you can use a scrap of cardboard to scrape paint across paper to see more mixing.
**TIP: Use red, blue and yellow paints close to each other and see how colors mix.
- OPTIONAL: After dry, cut the paper so it looks like butterfly wings
Don’t forget to post your pics on Instagram – tag us @coolcatnewark or #coolcatartbag